Wednesday, August 25, 2010

TIA (This Is Africa)

Ahhh, change.

Change is good. And I better get used to it. I'm going to Africa after all! ;)

Today I got a call from my short term facilitator with AIM, and there are some changes. My leave date has been pushed back to October 18, which means I have a little more time to get all my ducks in a row! I guess God knows I'm a procrastinator-but who doesn't? ;)

The other change is my length of time gone. The plan is to be back in the USA on July 6. This worked better for the orphanage.

I kind of forgot what my purpose is in Uganda. My purpose is to love on the people there, serving them in the name of Jesus. Instead, a lot of my prep, a lot of my expectations, have come from a place of what will satisfy my needs, my work experience. So I'm turning a new leaf. Exploring a new way to view this opportunity. I'm there to love those kids. I'm there to love the staff. And I'm there to love the people of Jinja, Uganda.

So, I'll be around a while longer. Maybe even long enough to see a Colorado snowfall :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Sarah!
    That's very good news to hear that you have enough time for packing, and also set your motivation there.
    Recently I really enjoy to see your updates and excited.
    I'll be in the UK next month and will be involved in a master's degree program of International Development Management. I hope I can work for people in Africa and help them in the near future as you do:-)

    ReplyDelete